photo final.jpg
Personal style & creativity design blog by Chyunid

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

gyg fashion show competition



Hey guys, I finally manage to get hold of the pictures taken. I was a great show and a successful one, everyone worked so hard and it was well paid off.
Picture story:
back stage...I had to carry my work in a suitcase! 
the trash-shirt was last minute..but I manage it on time.



the so English 1965's inspired look, I tried on bring the Oldies English styled to our oldies Bhutanese fusion..I used the old kira pattern and the color combo are so granny styled. I love vintage oldies... I personally loved the touch of bows I added in the skirt front and back and the gloves. and Most of all the bamboo hat so Bhutanese. My dress have so much meaning into it..I always give more focus on details and I do with a theme in my mind. This was my simple last one week preparations result! 


A cool gentle man styled, I like to keep neutral colors for men, and I chosed the same color pattern for the side detailing like the Female's and kept similar gloves (without bow for male). The suspenders are from male karas and scarf matched up with the pant. the shirt is like a huge U-open from the front with few studs around the collar. :)


 pink speaks so much for girls, and a little two triangular naked back shows the elegant feminism.



I had to give more detailing in this trashion, I wanted to be creative and innovative, I had so less time to work on the designs but I tried. The umbrella attracted the most of the attention to my surprise. I used an unwanted umbrella and attached cupcake cups around making it into a flowery show. The wing took some time as well... made it with rice sag and bendable hangers (so hard! :P) the wing was one attention seeker indeed  hehe..the skirt was all random multicolored plastic..My model looked more like a pretty tinkerbell to me. 

 for the top I used food wrapper plastics and cupcake cups for different color designs. it gave that multicolored top and with that I added jigzaw puzzle forming a heart shaped corset from the front. Her neck lace and earing was made from can opener and jingle bells and nails with glowing sticks.
 For the guy, I used cans , bottle caps, nails, glowing sticks, cds, tapes, carry use and throw bags, and other small stufs. Had a hard time trying to make the soda can hat... took me like four days to maintain that shape..haha..
 The pant was made from very soft carry bags, its so fragile that I was worried it might tear off..glad i used another piece of cotton cloth to hold the carry bag pants.. 
Crushed cds around the uppers part of the pant and dangling pins below. I didnt get much time for this outfit. 
 me with my models after their walk..funny poses :)
 I'm wearing my design here ^_^
My friend who stood second :) 

 I'm so bad with this Q&A  :P
Below are some pictures of designers with their models.

Nervous me. 

yey! we won..to our surprise I took first and my junior school mate took second. :)

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment